7 Bodybuilding Tips You Must Know

Men all over the world are constantly trying to gain muscle and look better. Every year millions of men all over the world join gyms at the beginning of the year as part of their New Year resolutions to get fitter and more muscular.

By April, almost 80 percent of them stop going to the gym. Of the remaining 20 percent, a good chunk of them does not gain as much muscle as they wish. The guys who do get fit and muscular are just a small percentage. This article will give you seven bodybuilding tips to get that ripped, muscular body instead of falling by the wayside and becoming a failure statistic.

You must be realistic

7 Bodybuilding Tips You Must Know

This is the most important tip of all. We live in a world of fast solutions, fast cars, fast internet connections, etc. We want things fast, and we want it now. But guess what? Your body does not feel the same way. It takes its time. Muscle building is a slow process.

Most men quit after a few months when they do not see results. The hard truth is that it will take years to get the kind of body you see in the Health and Fitness magazines. So, if you want big muscles, prepare to be in this for the long haul.

Get enough rest

7 Bodybuilding Tips You Must Know

 Overtraining  is extremely common amongst beginners. As mentioned in the earlier point, it takes time to build muscle. Doing more than you need to will not get faster results. In fact, overtraining impedes your progress. Allow for enough rest days in your regimen for your muscles to recover and every 8 weeks, take a one week break where you do nothing.

Keep experimenting

You are the best judge of what is happening to you. Every individual is different. There is no perfect rep range or number of sets or even exercises that suit everyone. For example, one guy may be able to build a huge chest with 4 sets of 8 reps each using a barbell bench press. This may not work for another guy who may need 7 sets of 7 reps using dumbbells and an incline bench.

You must experiment and see what works for you. It may take a while, but that is the norm. Success is not linear. It’s a zigzag pattern, and you will make mistakes and correct constantly. That’s the only way to progress.

Watch your diet

You must always aim for a daily calorie surplus so that your body is not in a catabolic mode. Ensure that you are getting all your macronutrients in the right proportions. Try and eat clean so that you do not gain too much fat. A daily surplus of about 500 calories is good.

Always use free weights and not machines

7 Bodybuilding Tips You Must Know

Free weights rock. Machines will not give you huge muscles.

Always motivate yourself

7 Bodybuilding Tips You Must Know

Watch YouTube videos of your favorite bodybuilders or subscribe to fitness channels. It is easy to lose motivation when the going gets tough. So, get a daily dose to keep your spirits up till you meet your goals.

Keep a journal

7 Bodybuilding Tips You Must Know

It will help you keep track of your progress and see if things are working or not. The journal is the most important tool you will need. Don’t rely on memory. Most people can’t even remember what they had for lunch the day before.

Adhere to these 7 tips and keep going. Building a muscular body is within reach to most people if the stay the course. Keep on keeping on.


Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.